1. My school is closed this week and next.
However, I STILL have to go in because as the English teacher, it's in my contract. Some of the teachers have come up and worked. Why? I have no idea. It's like their summer break now since we are in between school years.
2. Since I have to be at school when it's closed, it's called desk warming. Basically I get paid to sit at my desk and watch Netflix. So I watch Netflix on my school desktop and work on my TPT stuff on my Mac. It's a good set up. I've been able to get all of my TPT products updated to reflect my new store name and blog. That was a mighty task.
I have watching Bones on Netflix. I love this show. I have already seen all the episodes, and I have enjoyed rewatching them and seeing Bones and Booth's relationship from the very beginning. I'm halfway through Season 6. After finishing Bones, I'll be onto another series. I've got several series on my watch list: Downtown Abbey, Orange is the New Black, Sherlock, Dexter, and several more. Any that I just have to add to my list?
3. I had to clean out my kitchen sink drain the other day. In Korea, there are no kitchen disposals, so all the food bits go into this here drain. And it's disgusting. Really disgusting. You have to put a little bleach tab in there so it doesn't smell. I didn't know this when I first moved to Korea, and boy, did it smell. It's the little things I miss from home...
4. I had a MAJOR blonde moment this week. Like MAJOR. And I am actually going to tell you about it.
I have lived in my apartment for 6 months. To leave my building, I have to press the "push" button below and then I push the front door open.
Tuesday morning, I headed downstairs to go to school. I pressed the push button and then I pulled the front door. Now, remember....you are supposed to push it open...not pull.
Of course, it didn't open. I kept pressing the push button and pulling the front door. Over and over.
I couldn't figure out why it didn't open.
So I texted my co-teacher and told her that I was stuck inside my building and couldn't get out.
And then I stood there and waited because I didn't know what else to do.
Finally someone from the outside came to the building to come inside and opened the door, and I was able to leave the building and walk to school.
The next morning, my brain was back to normal, and I pressed the push button and pulled the door. It magically opened.
And it dawned on me....I had pulled the door the day before instead of pushing it. Yes, I am blonde.
Shaking my head...
5. My friend and I went to Kingdom the other night...a local restaurant that serves pizza and fried chicken and is decorated with knights in shining armor.
We had tried to order a plain cheese pizza. Not a potato pizza (it's not good....made with sweet potatoes), chicken pizza, or bulgogi (meat) pizza. Just a plain cheese pizza (well with corn of course because all pizza in Korea has corn). The waiter said NO cheese pizza. We said yes. He said NO and entered text into his phone using Google translate to explain himself.
This is what his phone said. Forgive the fuzzy picture...my friend and I could not stop laughing and therefore hold our phones still.
So there's my week!
I also have some great news to share. I was nominated for the Liebster Award! I am working on a blog post to share all about that. I feel SO honored!
Also, I am having a sale in my TPT store to celebrate my new blog, and I'm hosting my very first linky party. I am working on having more gratitude in my life, so my first linky party is about being grateful.
Sadly, no one has participated in it yet. Major sad face. Please turn my sad face into a happy face and link up. If it doesn't work, let me know. I've never done it before, so I have no idea if I did it correctly.
Check it out in my previous blog post. Thanks a bunch!